The long-awaited HUMAN 81 DK is now available.
Best viewed in "landscape" mode.
Replacement part number PRO 001
This is a new, improved replacement for the 8" woofer used in the following Genesis Physics loudspeaker systems:
1, 10, 20, 210, 320.
Its internal reference number (on the sticker, if it has one) is SW1N, SW2N, SW2Y, or SW3P.
The "Y" suffix parts were grey.)
In sales brochures it is referred to as L200A or L200B.
What's different and why:
- Butyl rubber surround: increased longevity, lower resonant frequency (some early EPI woofers, and the top of the line Genesis 410 and 66/2 were made this way).
- Treated cone: seals speaker system better, more attractive, less change due to humidity (most later Genesis woofers were made this way).
- Treated cloth dust cap: looks better than the exposed wires on most older woofers.
- Acoustically inert dense EVA "gasket" on front: makes packaging simpler, more attractive.
- Round magnet structure: identical in weight and function (most later Genesis woofers were made this way).
- Extended pole piece: not visible, but improves linearity.
What's the same and why:
- Voice coil: the long voice coil winding is critical to linearity, and its high inductance is part of why the woofer does not need crossover circuitry to roll off the high frequencies.
- Magnet weight and strength, field guide (yoke) plates: again, a critical part of the design
- Cone material, weight, and density: the exact design of the cone is also part of how the woofer rejects high frequencies on its own.
- Rear suspension compliance and travel: allows full linear cone excursion
- Free air resonance: although not a "part", the low Fs is important to the extended low bass response.
7 Kelsey Road, Lee, New Hampshire 03861