HUMAN Speakers is still building and shipping speakers
during this public health crisis More information.
Best viewed in "landscape" mode.
HUMAN, EPI/Epicure, and Genesis Physics
You can build your own speakers based on these existing designs, taking advantage of the work that has already been done. You just build your own cabinet and assemble them yourself. Many of the speakers built by Genesis and EPI/Epicure were very worthwhile designs; they looked good and sounded great. The ones listed here are on the price list as kits - the kit includes the drivers, crossover and terminal, grill pegs and sockets, and all the screws to attach these parts to your cabinet.
- The QT-1+ and QT-2+ - a nice, affordable, six inch two way speaker system.
- The 61 - some people think the six inch two way is the best sounding speaker you can build, and this one uses my hand-made parts.
- The 81 and 81+ - all the speaker most people will ever need, a really good eight inch two way, again, with my own proprietary parts.
- The 81-10 - an eight inch two way system with bass response enhanced through use of a ten inch passive radiator.
- The A 61 - an automotive or in-wall six inch two way system.
- The A 81 - an automotive or in-wall eight inch two way system.
- The C2 - designed as a center channel speaker, but great for every position.
- The 66 - two 6" woofers and my tweeter in an "over and under" design.
- The C3 - a high power three way center channel system.
- The 88-41 - a three way system with two 8" woofers.
- The I, 1+, 1, and 10 are Genesis offerings using the straightforward 8" two way system.
- The 2, 2+, 20, 210, 33, and 44 offer alternate takes on how Genesis used passive radiators to make a "bigger than life" eight inch two way speaker.
- The 1000 - a 75" tall, 18" square tower with four sets of 8" woofers and tweeters!
- The 400 - a similar, but more manageable design using six inch woofers.
- The 100 and 150 - simple but musical 8" two way designs.
- The 50 "Mite" and the 70 - elegant and articulate 6" two way speakers.
- The 202 and 250 - basically half of a model 1000, with drivers on two adjacent sides.
- A speaker they never made ... a dual module 6" similar to the 202!
- Due to popular demand, the Epicure 3.0 kit - a 10" three-way speaker with a truncated pyramidal cabinet.
Note: in many of the projects detailed through this section, it would seem appropriate, and many would like it, if I offered detailed cabinet plans. While I try to explain in detail what dimensions will matter and the driver placement for a given system, the construction skills, tools, and techniques available to individual builders will vary so much that the exact pieces of material required will never be the same twice.
When designing and building your cabinets, try to keep this in mind: The basic ratios of height to width to depth should usually be preserved. The interior volume is more important than the exterior dimensions, so if you make your boxes out of very thick material, work to the interior dimensions given, not the exterior description; and if you add substantial bracing (which I recommend), increase the volume accordingly to compensate for the space the braces use up.
7 Kelsey Road, Lee, New Hampshire 03861