HUMAN Speakers is still building and shipping speakers
during this public health crisis More information.
Best viewed in "landscape" mode.
Replacement part number PRO 014
This is a new improved replacement for the 10" passive radiator used in these Genesis Physics loudspeaker systems:
20, 210, 410
And an appropriate replacement for those used in these models:
What's different and why:
- Butyl rubber surround: increased longevity (the top of the line Genesis 410 and 66/2 were made this way).
- Treated cone: seals speaker system better, more attractive, less change due to humidity (Some later Genesis models were made this way)
- Sealing gasket attached to rear mounting surface: easier to use (discard your old gasket).
- Acoustically inert dense EVA "gasket" on front: makes packaging simpler, more attractive.
What's the same and why:
- Cone material, weight, and density: the exact design of the cone is part of how the passive radiator does its job.
- Cone mass loading: this "tunes" the passive radiator correctly.
- Rear suspension compliance and travel: although the air in the cabinet is much stiffer, the suspension also affects the tuning.
Its internal reference number is SP2N, SP2Y, SP4, SP3P, or SP4P. (The "N" suffix parts originally had green foam surrounds. The "Y" suffix parts were grey.)
In sales brochures it is referred to as P250A, P250B, etc..
It is not necessary to return the old part when replacing this part.
7 Kelsey Road, Lee, New Hampshire 03861