HUMAN Speakers is still building and shipping speakers
during this public health crisis More information.
Best viewed in "landscape" mode.
Replacement/repair part number PRO 007
This is an improved replacement for the 6" woofer used in these Genesis Physics loudspeaker systems:
Its internal reference number (on the sticker, if it has one) is SW6N, SW6Y, or SW6P. (The "N" suffix woofers originally had green foam surrounds. The "Y" suffix parts were grey.)
In sales brochures it is referred to as L165A and L165B.
What's different and why:
- Butyl rubber surround: increased longevity, lower resonant frequency (the top of the line Genesis 410 and 66/2 were made this way).
- Treated cone: seals speaker system better, more attractive, less change due to humidity (most later Genesis woofers, including the 22, were made this way).
- Treated cloth dust cap: looks better than the exposed wires on most older woofers.
- Sealing gasket attached to rear mounting surface: easier to use (discard your old gasket).
- Cardboard "gasket" on front: makes packaging simpler, more attractive.
- Round magnet structure: identical in weight and function (most later Genesis woofers were made this way).
- Extended pole piece: not visible, but improves linearity.
What's the same and why:
- Voice coil: the long voice coil winding is critical to linearity, and its high inductance is part of why the woofer does not need crossover circuitry to roll off the high frequencies.
- Magnet weight and strength, field guide (yoke) plates: again, a critical part of the design
- Cone material, weight, and density: the exact design of the cone is also part of how the woofer rejects high frequencies on its own.
- Rear suspension compliance and travel: allows full linear cone excursion
- Free air resonance: although not a "part", the low Fs is important to the extended low bass response.
7 Kelsey Road, Lee, New Hampshire 03861